The restaurant is located in the heart of the ‘Ilot’ in a house dating from 1684, renovated in late 1970s with great care in order to preserve the characteristics of its time. Wooden beams and thick stonewalls keep the space cool during the warm summer days. In winter, it is the splendid chimney dating from the 1740s that gives the restaurant its warm cosiness.
The peculiarity of the restaurant as well as the origin of its name lies in the Spanish tower, which used to mark the corner of the street up until 1736, proudly displaying the motto ‘Mir wölle bleiwen waat mirsin’ (We want to remain who we are).
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Receive our monthly newsletter by email